What is Taekwondo?
“Tae” means “foot” or “to strike with the feet”. “Kwon” means “hand”, or “to strike with the hand”. “Do” means discipline, art, or way. Hence TaeKwonDo (foot-hand-way) literally means “Art of the feet and hands.”
Reasons to join!
Besides being fantastic exercise and a lot of fun, there are numerous benefits from the practice of Taekwondo and other martial arts.
Taekwondo can help adults
- develop self-defense skills
- increase the likelihood of exercise on a regular basis
- improve muscle tone, flexibility, aerobic capability, strength, and overall cardiovascular fitness
- cultivate and sustain a healthier lifestyle
Taekwondo can help kids
- develop focus and improve academic performance
- develop a healthy lifestyle and love of exercise from an early age, combating childhood obesity
- develop self discipline and self control
- develop strength and self confidence to better deal with bullies and not to bully themselves
- develop leadership qualities that make them role models for their peers